Social Multimedia Lead
NBC NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2022 5:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Multimedia Lead jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Multimedia Lead postings
Full Time Job
NBC News Digital is seeking an experienced social multimedia lead to oversee the creation and distribution of multimedia content across NBC News and MSNBC's social media accounts, inclu ding quick-turn social video for TikTok and Instagram. The lead will manage a small team of social media producers and o versee day-to-day operations and long-term planning on NBC News' TikTok and Instagram accounts, while providing support on MSNBC's social accounts.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of social media and how to package video and stories led by visuals on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. They will have experience producing and editing content in the native style of each platform, and understand what type of multimedia content engages audiences, from short-form video to must-share social graphics. They will know a compelling visual moment when they see one â€'' whether it's harrowing breaking news footage or a buzzy clip that's bound to start trending â€'' and be able to act on it quickly.
Reporting to the director of social platforms, this producer will play a key role in developing social distribution strategies on visually-driven platforms. The producer will work directly with teams across the newsroom, including the art team and the motion graphics team, to brainstorm and develop multimedia experiences for NBC News' social accounts. The role requires impeccable editorial judgment and multitasking under pressure.
This position is based in New York.
• Lead daily publishing and distribution on NBC News and MSNBC's Instagram and TikTok accounts
• Oversee a small team of social producers and editors creating multimedia content for NBC News and MSNBC's social platforms
• Conduct daily and weekly planning for social video and multimedia opportunities
• Write, edit and approve compelling and accurate social copy for distribution across platforms
• Work closely with the art, data graphics, motion graphics and original social video teams to brainstorm and collaborate on bespoke content
• Monitor analytics to inform multimedia strategy across social platforms
• Keep up to date on industry trends, strategies and production methods
5 or more years of professional work experience in a digital newsroom
• A deep knowledge of social media and the latest trends in digital media
• Experience editing in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• Demonstrable experience creating shareable content and building audiences on social
• Strong news judgment and excellent writing and communication skills
Flexible and comfortable multitasking during high-pressure situations
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Experience managing direct reports
• Experience working with video cutting software, like WildMoka, and social distribution tools like SocialFlow, Later or True Anthem
Flexibility and creativity: The ideal candidate is a problem-solver who can roll with the punches and adjust when the newscycle upends the most carefully laid plans.