NBC NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2021 4:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Researcher, News jobs in New York-NY
Search all Researcher, News postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Researcher, News?
Full Time Job
As a Researcher, you will coordinate with and support management, producers, assignment editors and social media team in the newsgathering and coverage of content for broadcast, cable and digital platforms and brands. This position works within the NBC Newsgathering Network Desk located at 30 Rock NYC.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the gathering and feeding of news materials
- Assist in breaking news & on-going story coverage through internet research and phone calls
- Utilize a variety of research platforms [pacer-court documents; Accurint etc.] to support newsgathering
- Help monitor social media sites, affiliates, & the web often and as needed
- Assist the newsgathering team with phone inquiries, data entry and other requests
- Other responsibilities may change depending on breaking news and scheduling
- Monitor competitive broadcasts, cable and digital platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or a related field
- Minimum one year professional network news experience, either with a program, bureau or assignment
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights, under tight deadline pressure, occasionally with little or no warning (e.g. breaking news).
- Knowledge of NBC News programs, on-air
correspondents, policies, guidelines and practices
- Knowledge and experience using AVID iNews
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news
and current events
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and
- Ability to multitask under pressure and in a stressful,
deadline driven environment where teamwork is fostered
- Excellent time management skills