NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer, Stay Tuned
Stay Tuned, part of the NBC News Digital team, is looking for someone with rock solid news judgment â€'' to produce our daily shows on Snapchat. Sound fun? Great!
Here's what we need: An excellent writer who can take a complex story and tell it in a way that gets our GenZ viewers hooked. Someone who's obsessed with what's happening in the world and can zero in on those stories that the youngest news consumers just can't get enough of. Oh, and breaking news, you crush it. You've got to be into trying new things all the time - because our brand is evolving fast! This person will work closely with anchors, editors and graphic designers to produce great shows every day. If you're a team player with a positive attitude who thrives in a high-pressure newsroom environment.... we want to meet you!
This position is represented by the NewsGuild and is based in New York.
• Pitch stories for daily broadcast & build show rundowns
• Write and produce short-form segments under a tight and constantly changing deadline
• React quickly & accurately in breaking news situations
• Work with leadership to ensure timely and accurate reporting
• Work with anchors, correspondents and reporters daily
• Collaborate with editors to build visually engaging shows
• Develop a plan fast in breaking news situations to update the social-first viewer
• Must stay on top of news stories & issues that are important to GenZ
• 5 years of experience in digital video or daily digital news production
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Must have produced for a live daily news show
• Excellent writing skills, great news judgment and a creative eye
• Familiarity with the Stay Tuned voice and talent
• Sense of the social media ecosystem and specifically, Snapchat