NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The NBC News and MSNBC team is seeking an experienced producer with strong editorial judgment to work on its Into America podcast. We are a weekly narrative news show about Black politics and culture.
We are looking for someone who knows what makes a good story, understands the logistical steps to make it happen, and has the technical skills to bring it to life. The person who steps into this role needs to know how to produce high-quality content on a fast deadline. The show drops every Thursday and each of our episodes is about 30 minutes in length.
This is an ideal position for a seasoned audio producer to contribute to production needs as well as help drive the expansion of the podcast. The producer will be expected to pitch and research stories, pre-interview and book guests, and assemble prep for the host. After the interviews, the producer will write and assemble scripts. We are looking for an insightful thinker and a strong writer who can learn the hostâ€™s voice and cater scripts to his needs. The producer will also edit their work in Pro Tools, and work with a story editor and a sound designer to shape the final sound and feel of each episode.
• Consistently generate timely and well researched pitches; collaborate with host and editors to develop ideas
• Contribute to day-to-day editorial planning while also working on longer-term projects
• Work patiently with guests to set up interviews; prep host for interviews
• Write and edit scripts
• Research and fact-check scripts
• Collaborate with host, editors, associate producers, and NBCâ€™s Standards & Legal team to finalize each episode
• Edit tape in Pro Tools
• Pull weekly marketing clips
• Help producers in other units on occasional cross-platform stories
• Pitch in with other duties as needed
• 3 years of experience reporting and producing for audio
• Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent experience
• Willing to work varied shifts as news changes
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or must undergo regular
COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job
position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols
• Team is located in New York, New York â€'' must be willing
to work east coast hours if not located in NYC
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Understanding of journalistic ethics and best practices
• Comfortable editing in Pro Tools; willing to learn
additional technology as needed
• Strong writing skills; and an understanding of how to
bring a piece to life with scoring and sound design
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under
• A team player with a collaborative attitude and strong