Producer, Custom Productions Unit, NBC News Digital
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NBC News is looking for someone obsessed with generating exceptional ideas and perfecting their execution. We need a Swiss army knife of a person: an unrivaled producer with a body of work we can ooh and ahh at; a content developer with success making stuff for screens of all sizes; someone who is passionate about all the brands of NBC News; a nimble communicator who can speak the language of engaged audiences and someone who understands the delicate balance of editorial and brand integrations.
Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll do: Leverage some of the most influential news brands in the world to conjure great editorial programs with strong advertising hooks and integrations that clients and audiences will both love while preserving our editorial integrity. Rinse and repeat.
If this is you, we want to hear from you.
• Help create and support editorial content and partnership elements on TV and Digital platforms
• Establish strong editorial vision with the ability to develop content for the commercial business
• Communicate with editorial staff to fulfill sponsorship commitments
• Write and edit content for digital and social platforms
• Produce and edit tape packages across linear and digital platforms
• Act as the liaison with Editorial Standards and Practices for the execution of sponsorships to maintain editorial integrity of content
• Create materials for proof of performance that will attract new business and retain active business
• 6 years experience creating content.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in journalism, communications or other discipline emphasizing storytelling or multimedia creation.
• Deep understanding of the news marketplace and the opportunities for strategic content.
• Self-starter who can book and produce complex shoots as well as adapt editorsâ€™ ideas into successful production plans.
• Understanding of production functions of shows and platforms to produce deliverables for sponsorship packages.
• Maintain editorial integrity while appreciating the commercial business.
• Exceptional organization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Creative thinker who understands the importance of monetizing content while maintaining editorial integrity.
• Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content.
• Imaginative and creative producer with strong editing,
writing and social skills along with a bottomless list of fresh ideas for stories and new ways to engage with users.