Manager, Human Resources
NBC NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2021 4:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Human Resources jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Human Resources postings
Full Time Job
Manager, Human Resources - NBC News Digital
The role of HR Manager is an exciting opportunity to partner with NBC News NOW editorial leadership in growing the News NOW platform. News NOW will expand original programming and this is an outstanding and unique opportunity to be part of the build! Reporting in the News Digital HR Director, the HR Manager would be expected to provide exemplary full life-cycle HR support, for all levels â€'' from Executive Producers to Production Assistants for the NOW team. In addition, this role will be responsible for partnering with the wider News Group HR team on managing cross-portfolio initiatives and special projects along with employee engagement activities.
• Serve and provide onsite HR leadership and support for NBC News NOW - acting as main point of contact for all recruitment, benefits, payroll, and employee relations issues.
• Participate in and lead key HR initiatives, including: staffing, performance management, organization planning, compensation planning, internal talent mobility and employee development.
• Understand dynamics and key business priorities of client groups to provide coaching to business leaders on effectively managing and leading their organizations.
• Assume leadership role in resolving employee relations issues, coaching managers through the process.
• Leading employee engagement initiatives, career pathing and employee development
• Advocate and offer guidance to employees concerning work-related issues and work to resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures when questions arise (vacation, parental leave, compensatory days etc.).
• Manage staffing process, working with hiring managers and talent acquisition team to identify objective recruitment strategies, as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top-quality candidate selection.
• Manage performance activities / initiatives in collaboration with legal and labor relations.
• 5 years of relevant HR experience including supporting an active and fast paced employee population
• 3 years leading a variety of HR functions, including, but not limited to, recruitment, performance management, compensation planning and organizational development.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
• Experience working in a news, media, broadcast, or other like industry
• Prior experience in large scale project management
• Experience working at a digital start-up
• Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills.
• Demonstrated coaching/mentoring/leadership skills; change agent; results orientation; high energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities.
• Exceptional communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives.