Manager, Human Resources
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Human Resources - NBC News Group
The role of HR Manager is an exciting opportunity to partner with NBC News' premier brands across both Broadcast and Digital â€'' including NBC News NOW and TODAY AllDay - to provide exemplary HR support, across a multitude of functions. In addition, this role will be responsible for partnering with the wider News Group HR team on managing cross-portfolio initiatives and special projects along with employee engagement activities.
• Serve and provide onsite HR leadership and support for Broadcast and Digital editorial teams -acting as main point of contact for all recruitment, benefits, payroll, and employee relations issues.
• Participate in and lead key HR initiatives, including: staffing, performance management, organization planning, compensation planning, and employee development.
• Understand dynamics and key business priorities of client groups to provide coaching to business leaders on effectively managing and leading their organizations.
• Assume leadership role in resolving employee relations issues, coaching managers through the process.
• Advocate and offer guidance to employees concerning work-related issues and work to resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures when questions arise (vacation, parental leave, etc.).
• Manage staffing process, working with hiring managers and talent acquisition team to identify objective recruitment strategies, as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top-quality candidate selection.
• Manage performance activities / initiatives in collaboration with legal and labor relations.
• 5 years of relevant HR experience including supporting an active and fast paced employee population
• 3 years leading a variety of HR functions, including, but not limited to, recruitment, performance management, compensation planning and organizational development.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
• Experience working in a news, media, broadcast, or other like industry
• Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills.
• Demonstrated coaching/mentoring/leadership skills; change agent; results orientation; high energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities.
• Exceptional communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives.