Live Request Coordinator
NBC NewsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
LIVE REQUEST COORDINATOR â€'' London
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal is looking for an entry-level journalist to act as Live Request Coordinator. The position is a full-time role on the newsgathering team and is based in London.
They will be responsible for coordinating live requests for correspondents from across NBC's platforms â€'' including MSNBC, News Channel and News Now. Working closely with the Senior Desk Editors, they will ensure the live needs of these outlets are managed through the day, across multiple time zones.
The successful candidate is a team player who thrives under the pressure of breaking news and enjoys multi-tasking. The position would suit someone eager to learn about the role of the newsdesk in an international newsroom.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage live requests: coordinating with show producers, field teams and multiple control rooms in New York and in London.
- Help coordinate resources with senior desk editors and field teams across multiple time zones.
- Maintain live request logs.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and demanding live news environment
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent communication skills & professional conduct, especially in high-pressured & stressful situations
- Strong news judgment, knowledge of current events & familiarity with previous key news stories
- Monday to Friday, varying shifts. Must also be willing to work overtime and weekends at short notice.
- Fluency in English essential, 2nd language appreciated
- Must be eligible to work in the UK