Interactive Visual Designer, NBC News Digital
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
NBC News Digital is seeking an ambitious interactive journalist with strong design skills. This person should be comfortable working in a multiplatform digital news organization and have some experience working in a newsroom. This person should be excited about the news and thinking about how we can tell stories through visuals, with experience building graphics, maps, and other interactive projects
• Collaborate with reporters, editors, and other interactive journalists to pitch and build stories for a digital audience
• Create smart approaches for visual storytelling, from short- to long-term projects, across NBC News Digital
• Grow visual storytelling on the website, app and other platforms
• Work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines with members of the Data Graphics team
• 3 or more years of experience working in a newsroom.
• 3 or more years of experience designing, developing, and implementing solutions in fields that include visual information design, and/or interactive data visualization development.
• Strong design skills, including layout, typography, color, and interaction design.
• Some experience with Mapbox, Leaflet, Illustrator, and D3.js.
• Experience validating design with users, ensuring weâ€™re building intuitive experiences
• Experience building graphics for mobile devices.