NBC NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2021 2:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Graphic Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Graphic Designer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Graphic Designer?
Full Time Job
Graphic Designer - Today Show
Artworks, the graphics production arm of NBC News & MSNBC is looking for a highly motivated and qualified designer to creatively produce daily visual needs for the Today Show.
The ideal candidate is an imaginative thinker â€'' who is eager to innovate and push the creative envelope. They are someone who thrives in high-pressure situations and finds extreme satisfaction when their graphics makes it to air. They are always looking for the best way to tell a compelling visual story.
Candidate must have the ability to lead a shift of artists efficiently. Also, they must manage and deliver high volumes of product. Organization, communication, and speed are paramount.
They will challenge the typical, and constantly seek new and visually interesting solutions to evolve the team forward, while never losing sight of the objectives in supporting a daily News and Features program.
This position is represented by NABET-CWA Local 11.
• Will be assigned to lead Edit-Air graphics, as well as delegating design requests to team members.
• Responsible to help artists clarify editorial questions, make artistic choices, and provide guidance-feedback.
• Design, execute and deliver still and animated graphics within required tight deadlines.
• Work closely with show graphic teams and artists to meet deadlines and fulfil editorial requests.
• Present creative solutions to graphic needs.
• Deliver error-free graphics to the quality standards set by the Managing Art Director.
• Collaborate with the Managing Art Director and The Editorial Team on daily visuals and long-term project initiatives.
• 5 years of relevant work experience in a creative group
in a 24/7, fast-paced production environment.
• Demonstrated experience leading and delegating design
• Expert skillset in Adobe Creative Suite. (After Effects,
Photoshop, and Illustrator)
• Expert skillset in creating both animated and still frame
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver multiple
assignments, with compelling creative solutions.
Additional Job Requirements
• Willingness to work extended hours, overnight and on
weekends with short notice when needed.
• Accessible 24 hours a day / 7 days a week when
• Willingness to accept schedule changes, as it becomes
necessary to best support our client's needs.
• Must be open to working in New York.
• Proficiency with C4D, Google Earth Studio, and 3D Map
camera tracking within After Effects.
• Previous experience working in news production and
• Capable of quick turnarounds, both animated and still
• Excellent communicator.
• Excellent customer satisfaction skillsets.
• Effective working alone and comfortable working within a
• Organized and well prepared.
• Solid news editorial judgment.
• Previous experience working with NBC News preferred.