Fall Paid Intern - News
NBC NewsUniversal City, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• TODAY Show
• Nightly News
• Los Angeles Network News Bureau
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Assisting producers in logging interviews and pictures, fact checking, hunting down characters and experts, trolling for and clearing social media for photos and video for broadcast use, as well as sourcing and clearing mainstream photos and videos.
• When possible, interns are sent on assignments in the field. They could be assisting on shooting interviews, stand-ups and/or live shots. Interns may need to act as a stand in reporter or producer while shooting interviews and producing in the field, and may need to keep an interview on course by themselves when assigned a story.
• NBC News Los Angeles operates seven days a week. Interns will be asked to work a variety of days during the week and also on weekends.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28, 2019.
Fall Internship Program Dates: September – December 2019
Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Political Science, Production, English.
o Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
o Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures
o Passion for news and storytelling
o Strong multitasking skills
o Attention to detail
o Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs