Fall Paid Intern - MSNBC Digital
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Digital Data Analytics
• - Updating reports, assisting with data automation, looking for trends and insights to help editors, producers and management understand performance.
• IT Operations
• Original Video
• - Assisting on video shoots, video editing, research and video distribution.
• Digital Insights
• Supporting the digital insights team in designing, conducting and analyzing primary research including surveys, in-depth interviews, focus groups, and user testing. The Digital Insights team works with NBC News, MSNBC and TODAY.
• Digital Editorial (NBCNews.com, msnbc.com, MACH, THINK, Diversity Verticals, TODAY.com)
• Digital Product Unit
• Support the mobile and OTT app product team with user and market research, data analysis, writing marketing materials, preparing internal presentations and gathering requirements.
• Audience Development
• Keyword research, competitive research, data analytics, SEO (search engine optimization), google analytics, adobe analytics, google trends.
• Creative Design/UX
• Work with the Product Managers and Design Director to understand a project's scope and design responsibilities. Collaborate across different disciplines to understand the challenges you will need to solve for. Work with the analytics and insights team to understand the audience and the impact of the solutions you will help create. Design wireframes and user flows in sketch. Create functional prototypes with higher fidelity designs to test with users. Occasionally write some code (markup/CSS in the case of web) and commit it to GitHub to see designs through to execution.
• Software Engineering
• Focus on the development of new code and features for our content systems, APIs, and video systems. Writing code, participating in system design, and helping build the systems that power NBC News's digital experiences.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28, 2019.
Fall Internship Program Dates: September – December 2019
• Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, Political Science, Production, Social Media, English.
• Desired Characteristics:
o Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
o Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures.