NBC NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/3/2021 8:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Producer?
Full Time Job
Executive Producer, News Now (Joshua Johnson Show)
We are expanding and growing NBC News Now big time and fast. We need a creative, passionate team of journalists to make the magic happen morning, noon, and night.
Get in touch if you're a great executive producer who writes compelling copy and loves to bring that out in others, has a strong visual sensibility and loves leading on a team.
But hurry. We've got a lot to do.
The bulk of the job:
• Be ready to share fresh ideas and a point of view about how to engage the OTT audience â€'' what are the big stories they will find exciting, interesting and compelling?
• Help to define the voice of the network and then work with talent, reporters and producers to make sure they speak the language we invent fluently
• Captain the control room (it's frenetic in there so if frenetic is not your thing, you should probably stop reading here)
• Develop and create a pipeline of live programming our audience will want to watch and lead the execution of that content though editorial planning and operations management
• You'll have a team of producers, APs, and PAs all looking to you for guidance, editing, and calm in a news storm
• Journalism (enough said)
• You've got a nose for a story, the research skills to report
it, the writing skills to tell it, and the news judgment to
green light it or kill it
• Control room management
• You work fast, but things get really good when news is
breaking and time to air is getting short
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on
weekends or late nights or after you've already put in a
• At least 10 years of your working life have been spent
doing a job that resembles this one, and at least 3 of
those years should have been in and around a control
room with just as many years of team management
• You have a great sense of humor, or you can recognize
one when you see it
• You have big thoughts and the courage to voice them
• You work with a diverse group of colleagues across
business lines and levels â€'' and enjoy it
• You're a leader who understands what quality means to
production and writing in a news environment
• You have a Bachelor's degree
• You are willing to work in New York, New York