Editor, Select On NBC News
NBC NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2022 8:34:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor, Select On NBC News jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editor, Select On NBC News postings
Full Time Job
NBC News Digital is looking for a shopping editor to help expand its commerce content and shopping recommendations on Select, the online shopping destination on NBC News.
We€™re looking for an experienced commerce editor who wants to help NBC News readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You€™ll have a hand in developing and expanding our commerce content footprint, reporting directly to the editorial director of Select. The person in this role will conceptualize, assign, write, edit and produce commerce articles based on data-based reader interests, search trends, seasonality and more.
You will regularly populate editorial calendars to meet both short-term and long-term goals. Professional experience ideating, writing and editing actionable and reported consumer articles with a focus on service journalism is a must €'' experience with commerce content is not. On top of editorial responsibilities, you will participate in editorial meetings and collaborate with fellow editorial staff, social teams, SEO teams and other stakeholders.
Our top priority is informing readers with fact-based and well-sourced shopping guidance. The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through shopping articles that are data-driven, easy to understand and compelling across topics, from tech and appliances to wellness, home and kitchen. The ideal candidate will have edited articles to include relevant research and other trusted and expert sources. In your editing, you will parse out what readers need to know €'' and what is just marketing jargon €'' so they can make responsible and smart shopping decisions.
• Pitch, write, edit and produce shopping content for Select
• Translate relevant scientific research, complex news coverage and expert guidance into clear, concise and compelling content
• Ideate and help create content on a wide variety of topics
• Oversee and finalize updates to evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Build commerce posts in the CMS
• 3 years editorial experience, commerce experience a plus
• 2 years experience editing content, commerce experience a plus
• Work experience for a major news brand is a plus
• Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar and
• Demonstrable understanding of using primary sources and experts to inform fact-based, grounded consumer
• Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to manage many different tasks at once
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
• Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.