Commerce Editor, Social, NBC News Group
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Online shopping destinations, SELECT and NBC News Shopping, are looking for a social media editor to help launch and manage a portfolio of social platforms and develop our social strategy. The Social Media Commerce Editor will help set a strategic vision for growing the presence and performance of commerce editorial content through multiple channels, including newsletters, apps and emerging social. The ideal candidate will have a passion for high quality service journalism and the drive to help launch and grow a new brand in a crowded market.
The social editor will be responsible for daily optimization of commerce content, growing our social presence on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and TikTok. The ideal candidate must have strong news judgment, understand social best practices and feel comfortable juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced media environment.
They should be able to translate data and analytics into actionable suggestions across platforms and work in close collaboration with teams across editorial, art, audience development, and business development to help grow the brand. Most importantly, they should have a good grasp on trends in the social sphere, how content performs on various platforms and the tactics used to grow and launch new social accounts for commerce editorial in a competitive space.
• Launch and manage the SELECT social handles with an aim to grow traffic to article pages month over month
• Monitor news and social space for editorial pitches
• Develop a relationship with NBC News Group social editors and regularly pitch top stories to the CNBC.com and NBC News main Facebook page and Instagram pages
• Work with the commerce editorial team to adjust headlines and imagery as needed for maximum impact
• Launch and manage SELECT weekly newsletter
• Create and execute on a strategy for launching on TikTok
• Identify and assign social content with affiliate partnerships in mind
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• 3-4 years social experience at a major media brand,
commerce experience a plus
• Experience with TikTok a plus
• Firm grasp of spelling, grammar, and punctuation rules
• Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to manage many different tasks at once
• Strong understanding of data, analytics and Excel
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work across