Associate Producer, Podcast
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The NBC News and MSNBC team is seeking an associate producer to work on its Into America podcast. We are a weekly narrative news show about Black politics and culture.
We are looking for someone who knows what makes a good story, understands the logistical steps to make it happen, and has the technical skills to bring it to life. The person who steps into this role needs to know how to create high-quality content on a fast deadline. The show drops every Thursday and each of our episodes is about 30 minutes in length.
This is an ideal position for an emerging audio producer to contribute to production needs as well as help drive the expansion of the podcast. The associate producer will be expected to pitch and research stories, pre-interview and book guests, and assemble prep for the host. After the interviews, the associate producer will support the show's producers as they write and assemble scripts. We are looking for an insightful thinker who can take guidance from editors and other producers and run with it. And the ideal AP will be a problem-solver who can anticipate what's needed and be a proactive part of supporting the team. The associate producer will also be expected to edit regularly in Pro Tools, and support the show's cross-platform needs.
• Consistently generate timely and well researched pitches
• Collaborate with host, editors, and producers to develop ideas
• Work patiently with guests to set up interviews; help prep host for interviews
• Support producers as they write scripts by finding file tape, organizing interviews
• Research and fact-check scripts
• Edit tape in Pro Tools
• Pull weekly marketing clips
• Help producers in other units on occasional cross-platform stories
• Pitch in with other duties as needed
• 1 years of experience reporting and producing for audio
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Understanding of journalistic ethics and best practices
• Comfortable editing in Pro Tools; willing to learn additional technology as needed
• Strong writing skills; and an understanding of how to bring a piece to life with scoring and sound design
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under deadline
• Must be a team player with a collaborative attitude and strong communication skills
• Must be willing to work varied shifts as news changes
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.