NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assignment Editor- NBC News NY Bureau
NBC News is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Assignment Editor to work in the NY Bureau.
• Coordinate coverage of news stories (breaking and ongoing) with staff, including producers, correspondents, platform partners and others.
• Monitor story opportunities in the Northeast region and communicate those opportunities with managers, teams and platforms.
• Collaborate effectively with the broadcast news shows, MSNBC, NBC News Now, Digital, NewsChannel and the affiliates.
• Coordinate the gathering and distribution of elements for all the platforms.
• Make calls on breaking and ongoing stories.
• Research stories by using tools like Accurint and Pacer.
• Pitch story ideas to all the NBC News platforms.
• Participate in daily conference calls about news coverage.
• Organize & maintain bureau files, including list of contacts.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree
• 2-4 years assignment desk experience preferred
• Solid working knowledge of television news production, including feed capabilities
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to work weekends and flexible hours
• Must be able to multitask and work effectively in a deadline driven environment
• Strong newsgathering and social media skills
• Strong news judgment and communication skills