Segment Producer, News Now Stay Tuned
NBC News NOWNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Segment Producer, News Now Stay Tuned jobs in New York-NY
Search all Segment Producer, News Now Stay Tuned postings
Full Time Job
NBC News NOW is seeking a Segment Producer to join our Stay Tuned NOW team. This position will work a 1pm â€'' 9pm ET shift.
We're looking for a journalist with experience working in LIVE news programming who can produce stories that are visually compelling/impactful and can work well with a team to make it happen. Successful candidates will thrive in a breaking news, fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
This position is represented by the News Guild â€'' NY CBA.
• Research, write and produce strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Produce live segments, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
• Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
• Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
• Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
• Quality check all video content
• Adhere to NBC editorial standards and practices
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with team members, correspondents and anchors. You have to be able to work well in a team environment.
• Check and double check your work to ensure accuracy
• Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant working experience
• You've been working in broadcast, digital or cable news for 5 years â€'' preferably working on live daily shows or in and around a control room
• Demonstrated history of working well on a team and collaborating with others
• You are willing to work in person at 30 Rock, in New York, New York
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must be willing to work a 1pm â€'' 9pm ET, Monday â€'' Friday shift.
• You've got thorough knowledge of current events
• Excellent editorial judgment and writing skills
• You've got big ideas and the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
• You're familiar with iNEWS, can search and edit footage and cut your own VOs and SOTs
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you've already put in a long day
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $85,000 - $110,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].