Sustainability Operations Manager
NBA Team JobsPortland, OR
Full Time Job
As our Sustainability Operations Manager, you will be involved in corporate sustainability initiatives, existing building operations and employee engagement. You will develop and maintain sustainability programs, motivate team members to engage and participate in local and state programs and guide our resource reduction goals.
You will be responsible for:
• Building plans to reach 2025 organizational sustainability goals and objectives. Managing and communicating offset programs.
• Leading analysis of projects including identifying key baseline metrics, developing performance goals and objectives, and identifying key strategies and performance metrics to track progress over time.
• Providing decision-making support regarding capital and operational projects, including lifecycle cost assessments or cost: payback analysis as compared to the environmental and/or social impact associated with these projects.
• Engaging with public and private sectors regarding local/state sustainability and environmental policy initiatives. Utilizing City contracts and staying up-to-date on legislation to ensure compliance.
• Managing alignment with key community-based sustainability initiatives.
• Tracking and documenting LEED certification from all internal departments. Preparing reports and implementing tracking functions for LEED certification purposes and fully managing data tracking and analysis for the Rose Quarter Campus and Practice Facility.
• Serving as a resource and advocate for staff members contributing to sustainability goals.
• Leading the internal Green Team.
• Guiding the resource reduction goals set-forth by the Rose Quarter and the Portland Trail Blazers while providing quarterly and annual strategies for accounting, reporting and reducing the organization's footprint.
• Providing operational recommendations for increased efficiencies, environmental performances and occupant health.
• Provide a safe and positive working environment by communicating feedback and opportunities to engineers, environmental services, production, and other internal teams.
• Educating and motivating a culture of sustainability for part-time staff by providing training, talks and a consistent presence.
• Collaborating with Corporate Partnerships to design sustainability and community projects that align with company goals and values while providing new marketing avenues for our partners.
You are qualified if:
• You possess an Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• You have 3-4 years of growing experience relating to corporate sustainability and facility operations. Arena or stadium experience, preferred.
• You demonstrate an ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and promptly react to difficult situations in an effective manner. You are flexible and creative when dealing with last minute requests/changes.
• You are effective in working under pressure and meeting deadlines in a dynamic environment.
• You are skilled in both written and verbal communication.
• You build constructive and harmonious working relationships and interact effectively in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with partners.
• You understand and anticipate the internal and external customers' needs and respond accordingly.
• You give high priority to service and customer happiness.
If you're passionate about corporate sustainability, and it fits with your skills and experience, take the next step to apply.
Final offers of employment will be contingent on a successful background check after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
We are the team behind the team. As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. Our organization has an opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. As such, we are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community.
We ask that you join us in this journey, and that you continue to advance this work within your own sphere of influence. We are all in this together - after all, we are all part of Rip City.