Vice President, Documentary Films
National GeographicLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/10/2022 7:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Documentary Films jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President, Documentary Films postings
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe VP of Documentary Films will ideally be based either in Los Angeles or New York City and run the day-to-day operations of NGC's feature documentary business. This executive will work closely with filmmakers, producers and festivals on NGC's feature documentaries, including soliciting original projects, supervising creative development and production, sourcing acquisition, strategizing around theatrical distribution, festivals, and awards and collaborating with our marketing and communications groups on the channel's film festival and awards strategy. This seasoned and experienced executive will be supervised by the Exec VP of Documentary Films in Los Angeles and will be expected to have deep relationships in the creative community and deep knowledge of all aspects of the feature documentary business.
• Working closely with filmmakers and internal stakeholders on 4-6 feature documentaries a year with a particular emphasis on distribution and festival strategy as well as helping to ensure creative excellence.
• Four to six documentary films per year for NGC, Disney+, or Hulu, depending on content.
• Cultivating relationships with the best, most creatively excellent doc filmmakers and producers in the world thru outreach in NYC, London and at key film festivals around the world.
• Nat Geo Doc Films is perceived as the best-in-class destination for the most creatively excellent documentary films and filmmakers.
• Strategizing with NGC's marketing and communications teams around rollout across festivals, theatrical distribution, and awards.
• Theatrical box office results (where relevant) and acceptance into prestigious film festivals that build momentum and help get awards recognition for Oscars, Emmys, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Significant experience working on feature documentaries (not unscripted or reality TV series).
• Experience with or deep knowledge of the film festival ecosystem and the indie documentary community.
• Ideally, experience working at and successfully navigating inside an established media company.
• An ability to communicate effectively to talent and network/studio executives.
• A sophisticated creative sensibility and an ability to identify premium content that appeals to Nat Geo TV viewers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY PRIVACY NOTICE FOR VENDORS, CONTRACTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER EXTERNAL RESOURCES
Last Updated: June 4, 2020
The Walt Disney Family of Companies (''we'' or ''us'') values your trust and is committed to the responsible management, use and protection of Personal Information. Personal Information is any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual (defined more fully below). This privacy notice describes our treatment of information related to the collection, use and storage of information of Vendors, Employment and Onboarding, Contractors (External), Training or Other outside Resources (''VECTOR Privacy Notice'') via publicly available websites and applications (including those with registration). Please read this VECTOR Privacy Notice carefully prior to submitting any Personal Information.
Table of Contents:
• Who we are
• Information We Collect
• Use of Information
• Disclosure of Personal Information
• Data Retention
• Access and Correction
• Links to Third-Party Websites
• Data Transfers and Applicable Law
• Additional Information for the EEA Only
• Changes to the VECTOR Privacy Notice
• Contact Us
Who we are
A member of The Walt Disney Family of Companies, which includes many different brands, will be the Data Controller for your information under this VECTOR Privacy Notice. The list of relevant Data Controllers can be found below. The member of the The Walt Disney Family of Companies that is the Data Controller for your information is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice. Other members of The Walt Disney Family of Companies may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the Data Controller(s) (as a Data Processor), and unless prohibited under applicable law for use on their own behalf (as a Data Controller) for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice.
This VECTOR Privacy Notice also applies to the collection and use of your Personal Information by any member of The Walt Disney Family of Companies that may need access to information you have provided.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We may collect Personal Information (as defined in this VECTOR Privacy Notice) and anonymous information about you which is relevant to our business relationship with you, such as:
• Registration information you provide when you create an account, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and username, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, and password;
• Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
• Information in connection with an employment application, including contact information, work authorization status, CV/resume, previous work experience and education information, skills, references, work-related l