National GeographicWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Production Assistant for National Geographic Studios will provide production support to a fast-paced production department; organized assistance to EPs, Senior Producers, Producers, APs, PCs as well as NG Studios Management team as needed; create deliverables for NG Studios Specials and Cut-to-Clock programs, including music cue sheets, acquired footage logs and conformed scripts; as well as other duties as assigned.
• Create deliverables for programs for linear networks and nonlinear streaming platforms.
• Ensure legal compliance by creating paperwork for show legal binder.
• Research facts for Popped programs.
• Select stories from different episodes and create story grids that support Producer's creation of series' Compilation episodes.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 1+ years' experience working for a production company, network, or post-production company preferred.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Basic Editing in Adobe Premiere.
• Strong communication, detail and creative skills.
• Ability to problem solve, multitask and work to meet tight deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.