National GeographicWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Multi-media designer in the NGC Creative department is responsible for the creation of high quality, on-brand assets for use on digital platforms including series art for streaming & social, as well as art for banner ads, e-blast & other marketing communications. The Designer is also responsible for the development and execution of printed pieces including ads, press kits, event signage and branded product collateral. In addition to being a skilled designer with strong technical skills, we're also looking for a creative thinker who can ideate on projects across the department.
* Design and create assets for emerging digital platforms. High-quality, effective art for digital platforms.
* Design and create materials for Social Media. On-brand, engaging, innovative art for use on social media (including memes, info graphics, cover art, and other interactive pieces).
* Accommodate the design needs of partner departments during creative process, making recommendations, seeking feedback. Consistency of materials reflective of overall programming vision or marketing goals for projects. On-time and on-strategy delivery.
* BA degree in art, design, or similar degree program
* Strong creative and design skills required. Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary. Ability to work on multiple projects.
* Basic math and logic skills needed as they apply to layout/design.
* MAC computer experience mandatory, strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design & other design software (MAC format).
* Previous experience from an entertainment company or branding agency a plus. Strong Typographic, skills required. Understanding of photography, composition, and common digital/web platforms also required (iTunes, Hulu, Youtube, etc).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The National Geographic Channels form the television and production arm of National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between 21st Century Fox and the National Geographic Society. As a global leader in premium science, adventure and exploration programming, the Channels include: National Geographic Channel (NGC), Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo People and Nat Geo MUNDO. Additionally, the Channels also run the in-house television production unit, National Geographic Studios. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society's commitment to exploration, conservation and education with entertaining, innovative programming from A-level talent around the world, and with profits that help support the society's mission. Globally, NGC is available in more than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45 languages, and Nat Geo WILD is available in 131 countries and 38 languages. National Geographic Partners is also a leader in social media, with a fan base of 250 million people across all of its social pages. NGC contributes over 55 million social media fans globally on Facebook alone.