National GeographicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
The NG Executive Producer is responsible for expertly guiding projects from concept to creation, delivery and broadcast. In addition to the process of ''breaking a series'' an NG Channel executive should demonstrate a true ''storytelling agility'' through a deft application of the storytelling craft across a broad range of genres from adventure, science, docu-drama, hosted and premium factual. We value team members with vision and a nose for ''creative opportunism'' – the ability to recognize growth potential for existing NG projects and series.
The NG executive producer must successfully collaborate with production companies to provide editorial guidance that enables producers to create compelling visual content with powerful storytelling, resulting in entertaining programs that meet/exceed ratings goals. He/she must protect programming investment dollars by making sure budgets are reasonable and that production companies deliver according to expectation.
• Collaborate with producers to implement the Channel's programming strategy during every phase of production: pre-production, casting, scripting, rough-cuts, fine cut and final delivery. The EP is the principle editorial voice on assigned projects and tasked with maintaining the Channel's core values. Create premium, entertaining and engaging programming that exceeds ratings targets.
• Coordinate with Marketing, Ad Sales, Communications and Digital to provide necessary information and materials for the development and generation of Cross-Platform Content initiatives and strategy.
• Work closely with Production Management to maintain highest editorial standards within budgetary requirements. Provide timely feedback to production companies to maintain production schedule and to make sure all contractual obligations are met. Deliver shows that are on budget and schedule.
• Collaborate with the internal development team in maintaining robust relationships with production companies in order to generate new programming ideas for the network. And team up with the development department in reviewing and preparing select pitches for pre-greenlight and greenlight meetings.
• Work closely with Research to increase TSV and ratings.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Excellent communication skills are a must.
• NG Executive Producer will be expected to function at a high level in a fast-paced 360-degree multi-platform corporate environment which includes close collaboration with external producing partners, internal partners including Channel production management and development, NG digital, NG print, live events and the National Geographic Society, NG's non-profit arm.
• Working Knowledge of Production Budgets and Ability to analyze ratings and other research data to better understand our own programming and the competitive landscape.
• 5 years of experience in a range of unscripted genres as show runner OR position in production company as EP or VP production OR Network experience overseeing cable non-fiction program production for production company or cable network.
• Channel Executives manage a varied slate of series and specials which requires a firm understanding of both linear and streaming audience sensibilities. In addition to excellence in creative execution, EP's should have a firm ability to manage budgets and schedules in order to deliver projects on budget and on time.
• Candidates must be a team player and possess a managerial prowess that extends beyond the immediate production team to both external producing partners as well as the internal, corporate hierarchy. Candidates should be comfortable working closely with top industry professionals both in front of, and behind, the cameras in order to deliver on the utmost quality standards of the National Geographic, and Disney, brands.
• NG Channel Executives are ambassadors and protectors of the National Geographic Brand. They will be expected uphold the standards and practices of the yellow border in all manner of professional environments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY PRIVACY NOTICE FOR VENDORS, CONTRACTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER EXTERNAL RESOURCES
Last Updated: June 4, 2020
The Walt Disney Family of Companies (''we'' or ''us'') values your trust and is committed to the responsible management, use and protection of Personal Information. Personal Information is any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual (defined more fully below). This privacy notice describes our treatment of information related to the collection, use and storage of information of Vendors, Employment and Onboarding, Contractors (External), Training or Other outside Resources (''VECTOR Privacy Notice'') via publicly available websites and applications (including those with registration). Please read this VECTOR Privacy Notice carefully prior to submitting any Personal Information.
Table of Contents:
• Who we are
• Information We Collect
• Use of Information
• Disclosure of Personal Information
• Data Retention
• Access and Correction
• Links to Third-Party Websites
• Data Transfers and Applicable Law
• Additional Information for the EEA Only
• Changes to the VECTOR Privacy Notice
• Contact Us
Who we are
A member of The Walt Disney Family of Companies, which includes many different brands, will be the Data Controller for your information under this V