National GeographicWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2021 3:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Coordinator, Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Coordinator, Communications postings
Full Time Job
National Geographic is looking for a talented PR Coordinator to join our NG Media PR/Comms team in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, who can collaborate with the team and who has a desire to learn the ins and outs of strategic communications. The position will support the daily PR and administrative operation for the NG Media PR/Comms team, reporting to the Sr. Manager, and includes researching and compiling media lists, tracking coverage, compiling media coverage reports, posting releases to the pressroom, processing invoices, etc.
• Compile media lists, track media coverage and create reports, perform in-depth research to support communications and messaging, assist with media interviews and other support, as necessary, on a project basis for the NG Media PR/Comms team.
• Compile daily media clip reports and quarterly Board clips; help manage the NGP Communications press room inbox and voicemail.
• Support the team on specific projects as needed, including pitching content, brainstorming ideas, staffing events, gathering assets, coordinating mailings, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or related field preferred; 0-1 year of public relations/media experience or similar.
• Love of and knowledge of news media including print, digital, broadcast, radio and social media.
• Experience preparing media lists, preferably using Cision.
• Capacity to work with minimal daily supervision and the ability to exercise strong independent judgment.
• Must be proactive, reliable, resourceful and have great attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks, change priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.