National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2021 1:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Development jobs in Washington-DC
Search all VP, Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP, Development? Job Summary:
The National Geographic Channels team is seeking a qualified candidate for a VP, Development role. This executive will be a senior member of the creative team who will help evolve and grow the brand through the development of innovative non-scripted series and specials.
• Implement the creative strategy as defined by the senior leadership team to increase viewership across multiple platforms through the development/production of unique, compelling, and brand-appropriate non-scripted content across.
• Develop and oversee the production of non-scripted series from pitch through pilot.
• Self-generate show ideas and concepts, and field pitches from outside producers.
• Develop and maintain relationships with producers and talent in the non-scripted series arena.
• Provide ongoing guidance on key casting decisions.
• Manage paid development budget for series and specials (non-premium).
• Interface with production executives as needed on relevant production issues.
• Partner with the Scheduling department on series launches, stunts and general programming needs
• Collaborate with other Wild/Nat Geo/D+ departments on various issues (Production Management, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.) through development.
• Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with network partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues
• Manage special projects and assignments as required.
• Lead and mentor more junior team members.
• Speak at industry conferences and markets.
• Demonstrated track-record developing/producing commercially successful and/or critically acclaimed non-scripted series.
• Solid knowledge of the non-scripted production process.
• Strong relationships with non-scripted production companies, agents, producers, etc.
• Demonstrated creative and development skills.
• Self-motivated to develop new ideas.
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
• Ability to multitask and manage complex projects.
• Strong understanding of the National Geographic Channels demographic.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.