Video Ingest & Cataloging Specialist
National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Working with the Director of Archive Services, the Video Ingest and Cataloging Specialist will help coordinate and process original source material for the sole purpose of making it easier to locate and repurpose content across The Walt Disney Company. The position will be responsible for curating the videos for the National Geographic Partner's Archive, by working to fill gaps in our video collection and metadata records.
• Work with department heads to determine ingest and cataloging priorities, based on editorial needs to help drive cost savings.
• Prepare and ingest original source material from hard drives.
• Apply descriptive metadata using standard lexicon to assets being added to the Archival Systems in order to expediate the availability and discoverability of new content.
• Reprocess archival collections to improve and maintain the highest quality possible.
• Responsible for consistently monitoring data integrity, identifying and correcting bad data from legacy systems. This includes performing quality checks: Right and licensing data, submitter names, project numbers, and distribution paths. Ensuring exclusivity/restrictions and model/property releases are added to archival records.
• Responsible for managing relationship of various projects with external cataloging vendors which includes gathering, organizing and delivering materials for processing and quality assurance of returned video metadata then marrying it to the original record in the Archive system.
• Manage and maintain the accuracy of descriptive information. Perform audits of system information to ensure consistency over time.
• Provide metrics on what content is processing through the system.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years' work experience in broadcast television within a media library environment.
• Extensive visual editing/ keywording experience, as well as caption writing experience.
• Must have strong written and verbal skills; be well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments and possess attention to detail.
• Must be customer service oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• User IT skills within the broadcast domain, preferably in media formats and transcoding systems.
• Ability to adapt and learn various digital media platforms.
• Must be experienced in library services and have a working knowledge of keyword tagging and metadata embellishment.
• Extensive knowledge of geography and animals is plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.