National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 7/1/2021 9:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Evaluator jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Technical Evaluator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Evaluator?
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Technical Evaluator will perform quality control evaluations on outbound media assets making sure media deliverables meet technical standards and are universally acceptable for streaming and content operations.
• Report to Manager, Technical Evaluation.
• Perform Outgoing Quality Control Checks.
• Perform Outgoing Quality Control Edits and Conversions.
• Operate Tempo time compression workflow.
• Use MacCaption to modify and correct captions for outbound media assets
• Collaborate with Sr. Technical Evaluators and Post-Production management team to troubleshoot technical issues regarding media assets, performing technical edit adjustments when needed.
• Perform quality control evaluations and conversions on outbound media assets to ensure distributed products meet the media destination's technical specifications.
• Responsible for using DALET and Gorilla MAMs, ScheduAll, and VPS to obtain work order assignments and media information.
• Using non-linear editing systems, perform basic editing, such as inserting clean covers to create a textless sequence to be used as a base project for an International editor.
• Complete all necessary work orders.
• Other duties, as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
• 2+ years' work experience in post-production.
• Candidates should have 5+ years-experience with AVID products, Dolby 5.1 Audio, Premiere CC, After Effects, Tektronix, Alchemist, Vantage, UHD workflows, Media Encoder, Compressor, DVD authoring, knowledge of file & tape-based codecs and formats, a thorough MAC & PC cross-platform understanding.
• Must possess a solid background in television production.
• Must possess a solid background in Quality Control.
• Experience working with all forms of video and audio monitors, waveform and video scopes.
• Strong working knowledge of all video formats.
• Strong working knowledge of ScheduAll, Dalet, Word, Excel, Outlook and VPS.
• Knowledge of AVID and Premier editing systems.
• Must be detail oriented and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects with a professional demeanor.
• Must have strong customer service/client relations skills.
• Must be a strong team player, have initiative and be enthusiastic about the products that are delivered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.