Sr Assistant Editor
National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 7/2/2021 1:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr Assistant Editor jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Sr Assistant Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Assistant Editor?
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Sr Assistant Editor will collaborate with Editor or Sr. Editor, as well as work independently, to create in-house promos. Working closely with the Director, Marketing/Creative Short Form Editing, Promo Producers and Post-Scheduling team to create, version, organize, archive, revise and push promos to broadcast centers, perform quality control evaluations on outbound global media assets, making sure media deliverables meet technical standards and are universally acceptable for streaming and content operations platform. Ensure all exported masters archived in the appropriate masters folder.
• Edit video and audio assets independently or under supervision while following strict editing SOPs and internal workflows.
• Using Adobe Premiere and After Effects, perform intermediate editing, such as versioning, tagging, relaying audio and inserting clean covers to create a textless sequence to be used as a base project for an International editor.
• Set up edit sequences for the Sr. Editors.
• Collaborate with various internal departments to troubleshoot technical issues regarding media assets, performing technical edit adjustments when needed.
• Perform quality control evaluations and conversions on outbound media assets to ensure distributed products meet the media destination's technical specifications.
• Deliver promos to appropriate channels and send reports of delivery according to current SOP
• Responsible for using ScheduAll, VPS and any Disney software needed to obtain work order assignments and media information.
• Other duties, as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of Adobe Premiere editing, working both supervised and unsupervised with clients is a must. Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
• Proficiency of Adobe Premiere and working knowledge of After Effects.
• Strong working knowledge of video/audio technical specifications of all video formats including broadcast/streaming UHD HDR, UHD SDR and HD and online/social media formatting.
• Capable of modifying and customizing creative templates in Adobe Premiere.
• Must be extremely organize and detail oriented.
• Must possess a solid background in television production and particularly post-production editing and delivery of spots and metadata.
• Must possess a solid background in Broadcast Quality Control.
• Working knowledge of ScheduAll, Word, Excel, Outlook and VPS.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.