Senior Manager, Data Platforms
National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Senior Manager, Data Platforms and Management
National Geographic Partners is seeking an intellectually curious and business-savvy Senior Manager, responsible for oversight of National Geographic's customer data platforms and related data privacy and governance. The incumbent will maintain the data strategy roadmap as it pertains to audience modeling, measurement, and insights. This role aligns the data platform optimization, vendor efforts, and team priorities with the Nat Geo Media marketing goals and related tactics. Additionally, the incumbent will collaborate with key stakeholders in the broader Disney, National Geographic Partners, and National Geographic Society organizations to provide support and subject matter expertise, and ensure that privacy and data governance requirements apply to the data platforms and associated activation uses. The incumbent will lead and mentor the data platforms & analytics team, and collaborate closely with the larger marketing operations team.
Customer Data Platform(s) management, strategy, and support:
• Support of existing and identification of new use cases and/or data sources and strategies that support Nat Geo Media goals via CRM systems, customer databases, or digital profile/transaction platforms.
• Develop strategies that leverage available first party data from various platforms. Ensure that core target segments can be identified across channels, and data can be scaled to support personalization for acquisition and retention efforts (e.g. mParticle, Braze, etc.), as well as ad sales needs (e.g. LiveRamp, DMP, GAM, etc.).
• Documentation of best practices, data dictionary, and other requirements.
• Oversee platform enhancements & maintenance, including defining business requirements, managing vendors & projects, testing, and training, quality and performance tracking.
• Database Health and Governance:
• Define data governance strategy for NG database that balances supporting business needs with maintaining customer growth.
• Database/email hygiene, appends and deliverability and stewardship of CAN-SPAM, regulatory and GDPR compliance.
Audience Segmentation and Models:
• • Source, standardize, and publish data sets and audiences based on structured and semi-structured data to support reporting and activation use case.
• Develop heuristic, analytic, and modeling-based approaches to describing the Nat Geo consumer to support marketing acquisition/retention and content strategy use cases, based on attributes like brand affinities, content consumption, subscriber status, etc. for use across multiple channels including DM, Email, Web, Mobile App, Social, and Paid Media.
• Identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how our marketing and content drive customer conversion and engagement leveraging models and test and learn frameworks.
• Examining other ways to expand audience sizes and depth through look-alike modeling of behaviors within our own network of digital properties and Disney.
• Performance Reporting:
• • Work with key stakeholders to deliver marketing analytics, model performance, and automated KPI/metrics reporting using data both within and outside of the NG data platforms to inform marketing performance, activation strategy, etc.
• Support stakeholders to understand how consumers are interacting with the Nat Geo media products and what lenses are useful in understanding variance in subscriber behavior. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to derive meaningful actionable insights.
• Basic requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Analytics, Mathematics, and Engineering).
• A strategic forward-thinker who anticipates and understands business needs and partners cross-functionally to translate needs into technical requirements to the data platforms team and vendor partners to execute.
• Demonstrated experience or knowledge of a relational database, and technical proficiency in SQL
• 8+ years of relevant experience. Strong background in big data technologies, predictive analytics, behavioral modeling.
• 2+ years of experience working in an agile environment helping lead development of requirements, management of workflows and priorities, and generation of feedback to a data team
• Ability to get into the detail, problem solve, resolve issues and bring teams together.
• A strong team player and highly motivated, able to work well in a cross-functional team.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Master's degree preferred
• Knowledge of Omni-channel marketing platforms (i.e., Adobe Campaign), AdTech platforms (DMP, GAM, LiveRamp, etc.), and data visualization tools (Domo, Tableau)
• Prior management of a team working in an agile environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic's media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children's media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, goin