National Geographic PartnersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The Executive Producer is responsible for the development of programming and the supervision of that programming through delivery and broadcast. He/she must successfully collaborate with production companies to provide editorial guidance that enables producers to create compelling visual content with powerful storytelling, resulting in entertaining programs that meet/exceed ratings goals. He/she must protect programming investment dollars by making sure budgets are reasonable and that production companies deliver according to expectation.
• Collaborate with producers to implement the Channel's programming strategy during every phase of production: pre-production, casting, scripting, rough-cuts, fine cut and final delivery. The EP is the principle editorial voice on assigned projects and tasked with maintaining the Channel's core values. Create premium, entertaining and engaging programming that exceeds ratings targets.
• Coordinate with Marketing, Ad Sales, Communications and Digital to provide necessary information and materials for the development and generation of Cross-Platform Content initiatives and strategy.
• Work closely with Production Management to maintain highest editorial standards within budgetary requirements. Provide timely feedback to production companies to maintain production schedule and to make sure all contractual obligations are met. Deliver shows that are on budget and schedule.
• Collaborate with the internal development team in maintaining robust relationships with production companies in order to generate new programming ideas for the network. And team up with the development department in reviewing and preparing select pitches for pre-greenlight and greenlight meetings.
• Work closely with Research to increase TSV and ratings.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Working Knowledge of Production Budgets and Ability to analyze ratings and other research data to better understand our own programming and the competitive landscape.
• Minimum 3 years, high-level, supervisory editorial experience overseeing cable non-fiction program production for production company or cable network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.