National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 4/19/2021 9:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Editor jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Editor? Job Summary:
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES
• Cut to clock and reversion programs to specifications outlined by clients for streaming and content operations.
• Technically and editorially approve masters created.
• Meet internal and external client needs for streaming and content operations, presentations and senior staff meetings.
• Work with engineers and post-production management team to follow SOPs for edit workflow for Adobe Premiere.
• Edit in Adobe Premiere and be proficient in editing Dolby 5.1 audio layout and export QuickTimes for air and understand file management.
• Finesse audio and video transitions, add graphic packaging elements, lower thirds, tune ins, bugs, subtitles, blurs, pop ups, new footage, color correct and build front and back credits.
• Coordinate delivery with clients, streaming & content operations and post-production.
• Finalize a show by exporting files for air as well as create short clips for digital media and alternate long form versions for D+, Hulu, Starr and other platforms in variety of formats.
• Work with other Lead Editors, Engineering and other Post-Production management team members to assist in troubleshooting, prioritizing requests and testing of systems.
• Other duties, as needed.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• Must be familiar with the different broadcast and digital specifications within the post-production environment.
• Must have the ability to understand QC reports and have the ability to make technical fixes, such as blanking errors, repeat frames, misspellings, flash frames, incorrect video or audio levels, etc.
• Must have the ability to work both supervised and unsupervised, troubleshoot edit sessions, make decisions that affect the quality of the edit and meet broadcast/client deadlines.
• Competent in basic math. Must be able to add and subtract minutes and seconds.
• Above average understanding of Mac and Windows Operating Systems as well as Microsoft Word/Excel and FTP skills.
• Knowledgeable in ScheduAll database, Word, Excel, Outlook and VPS.
• Must be self-motivated with a great attitude, a creative thinker for a strong eye for layout and design that doesn't settle for mediocrity.
• Must have the ability to juggle between various assignments or fix sudden on-air emergency issues.
• Must have strong customer service/client relations skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
• Should have the ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects while remaining calm under pressure and work under hard deadlines.
• Must have good/excellent vision and hearing.
• Must be able to provide impressive samples that demonstrate editing abilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
• 5+ years of Adobe Premiere editing in cable or television, working both supervised and unsupervised with clients is a must.
• Knowledge of Dolby editing and Quick Time export.
^ Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
Customer Service Commitment
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Terms & Conditions
• Candidate must be willing to undergo criminal background check.
• All Employees are subject to TeamPeople terms of employment, company policies and procedures
• TeamPeople offers a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to a competitive wage or salary, to every full-time employee which includes the following: Medical plan with a Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D/STD/LTD coverage, access to 401(k) plan, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, PTO. TeamPeople also supports professional development. Part time employees receive competitive wages, access to 401(k) plan and Employee Assistance Program. Benefits are subject to change at employer's discretion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studi
[more...] This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.