Editor, Travel Digital Media
National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The Editor, Travel Digital Media will ideate, develop, produce, and publish daily content to support cadence and audience targets of the Travel desk by managing the approval, assignment, and sequencing of articles. The Editor will collaborate across teams, including photography editors, social media, distribution and analytics to strengthen content and to support the digital editorial calendar. This role will support National Geographic's goals of growing audience and engagement through powerful and revealing storytelling that speaks to the diversity of the world with an inclusive sensibility.
The ideal candidate is an experienced journalist, a strong writer/reporter, and a strong digital producer and editor. They'll have a focus on digital content, and can identify, assign, develop, edit and produce digital stories. They'll be able to write strong articles and grow our travel coverage as it intersects with topics of conservation, community, family, environment, history, and science. We're seeking a multi-tasker who can build great pages and bring strong ideas to the table. They'll be able to track content analytics, identify opportunities, and be able to explain these numbers. We're looking for a good communicator, strong ideator with a sense of newsworthy coverage, who speaks up in meetings and is able to represent the travel team in internal stakeholder meetings, with knowledge about the travel team's needs and goals.
• Create and edit high-performing content for digital platforms. Ideate, develop, produce, and publish daily content to support cadence and strategy targets. Collaborate with a content-specific team of editors and producers in the production of daily stories.
• Monitor content schedules, deadlines and deliverables. Communicate project status across the group and to other teams. Consistently propose, pitch, and champion new articles, areas of coverage, and contributors to strengthen the overall output of the team.
• Audience development: work closely with the photo editors, social producers, and related teams to make data-informed decisions, grow our communities, strengthen brand loyalty, and maintain consistent voice across platforms.
• Monitor industry and competitive landscape and perform other duties as assigned. Provide digital expertise to the Executive Editor, Travel and other support as needed.
• In communication with the Executive Editor, support the Travel Desk's editorial content strategy across digital platforms.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• 4+ years of experience building and leading an online franchise, specialized training/experience related to specific franchise areas of responsibility.
• Proficiency in CMS and digital page production software, desktop publishing, Google and Adobe analytics, HTML, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel preferred.
• Professional writing and editing skills. Strong leadership, highly organized; ability to manage resources and daily priorities; team player with diplomatic temperament and ability to foster a cooperative work environment; ability to manage multiple projects and consistently deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment; deep familiarity with and appreciation for the web and a passion for the franchise areas of responsibility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.