Assistant, Content Ops & Post-Production
National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 9:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant, Content Ops & Post-Production jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Assistant, Content Ops & Post-Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, Content Ops & Post-Production?
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The Content Ops. & Post-Production Assistant will serve as a vital and key support member on team that is a liaison between the Content Ops. & Post-Production senior management team and various partners and vendors. The Assistant will organize and coordinate executive outreach and oversee special projects within the department, as well as coordinate the departments schedule and overall corporate projects.
• Work closely with department heads in all aspects of logistical and operational coordination.
• Plan and arrange project specific travel arrangements in conjunction with department executives; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks; manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
• Primary point person for the department, as directed by senior management, including but not limited, to organizing and sending the weekly 5-15 email, internal communication related to department updates.
• Provide office management and onboarding support
• Assist with permanent or temporary staffing, messenger/courier, framing, distributing assets, compiling presentation materials, setting up new vendors, processing check requests and invoices, UPS shipments, new employee onboarding and other duties.
• Support special projects assigned in the areas of streaming & content operations, post-production, facilities, engineering, and office management.
• Plan, coordinate and ensure the schedule is followed and respected.
• Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Serve in a ''gatekeeper'' and ''gateway'' role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executive's time and office.
• Work closely and effectively with the Executive to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management team while handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Assist with organization and production of events and meetings.
• Assist with Media Library project that will centralize all media assets. Purge, consolidate, catalog and ship offsite video/audio assets.
• Assist the Scheduling department with daily needs, including reconciling work orders in ScheduAll, compiling billing reports for staff/freelance that are tracked by management, communicating with audio engineers/editors/producers on daily project updates and any other duties assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience at an office environment.
• Experience with post-production environment helpful.
• Some knowledge of broadcast and digital production.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong results orientation to support department and delivering seamless and timely executives and clients. Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Self-Starter with a willingness to jump in and tackle any project or task needed.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
• Demonstrated ability for a clear, consistent and customer service-oriented style with the capability of adopting the style, tone and voice of our company to external production companies.
• Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including department personnel clients and vendors to establish production ongoing relationships.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with and production terminology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterpri