Intern - Feature Film Acquisitions & Sales
Myriad PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Feature Film Acquisitions & Sales jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Based in Los Angeles, California, Myriad Pictures is a leading independent entertainment company specializing in production, financing and worldwide distribution of feature films and television programming. The company holds an impressive and diverse library of critically acclaimed art house and commercially successful mainstream films including ''Kinsey,'' ''Goon,'' ''The Good Girl,'' ''Van Wilder,'' and the Academy Award® nominated ''Margin Call.''
The right candidate will gain hands-on experience and be exposed to a busy film distribution environment. Reporting to the SVP of Distribution & Acquisitions, the candidate will play a key role in finding film projects for the company to sell internationally. The candidate will also be exposed to, and will partake in, the international sales process. Flexible start/end dates, 3 day a week commitment (Tues, Wed, Thurs) from 10AM-5PM. Internships are for school credit only.
Primary responsibilities, not limited to:
• Research and track film projects in production, Post-production, and completed
• Phone calls and emails to producers regarding the rights to their films
• Read scripts and screen film links for possible acquisition
• Attend producer and/or agent film screenings, as needed
• Update film tracking grid
• Provide administrative support to sales team
• Provide status reports on film tracking to Acquisitions and Sales teams
• Has laptop
• Very good written and verbal communication skills
• Pro-active, detail-oriented, and strong follow-up skills
• Self-motivated and able to function with minimal oversight
• Proficiency in standard programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc…
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10AM to 5PM
Must be able to receive College Credit.