Intern - Feature Film Acquisitions & Sales
Myriad PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Feature Film Acquisitions & Sales jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Myriad Pictures is seeking a Feature Film Acquisitions & Sales for the fall 2022 semester (start and end date depending on academic schedule).Three days per week from 10 AM to 5 PM are required, and work will be hybrid between remote and our offices in Brentwood, CA.
Based in Los Angeles, California, Myriad Pictures is a leading independent entertainment company specializing in production, financing and worldwide distribution of feature films and television programming. The company holds an impressive and diverse library of critically acclaimed art house and commercially successful mainstream films including ''Dead for a Dollar'' starring Christoph Waltz and Willem Dafoe, ''Hello Stranger'' starring Sam Worthington, Simu Liu, and Jordana Brewster, ''Kinsey,'' ''The Good Girl,'' and the Academy Award® nominated ''Margin Call.''
The right candidate will gain hands-on experience and be exposed to a busy film distribution environment. Reporting to the SVP of Distribution & Acquisitions, the candidate will play a key role in finding film projects for the company to sell internationally. The candidate will also be exposed to, and will partake in, the international sales process. Internships are for school credit only.
Primary responsibilities, not limited to:
• Research and track film projects in production, Post-production, and completed
• Phone calls and emails to producers regarding the rights to their films
• Read scripts and screen film links for possible acquisition
• Attend producer and/or agent film screenings, as needed
• Update film tracking grid
• Provide administrative support to sales team
• Provide status reports on film tracking to Acquisitions and Sales teams
• Has laptop
• Very good written and verbal communication skills
• Pro-active, detail-oriented, and strong follow-up skills
• Self-motivated and able to function with minimal oversight
• Proficiency in standard programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc…
Must be able to receive College Credit.