Intern - TV Development
MY EntertainmentNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Independent TV production company MY Entertainment is seeking bright, ambitious interns to join our NYC development team for the Fall 2021 semester (Starting 9/7/21, ending 12/17/21. These dates are flexible!). Weekly time commitment: 2-3 days a week.
The development team is responsible for creating the next generation of programming for MY Entertainment, developing fresh, exciting television concepts for a wide variety of networks and streamers. Development interns will assist the development team and contribute to all aspects of the development process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping up with current industry news and gaining a deeper understanding of network brands and programming needs
- Working alongside the team to generate and build upon new ideas and actively contribute to creative brainstorms
- Researching current events and trends, and flagging interesting news articles, talent, and ideas that could serve as potential show concepts
- Assisting the team with casting efforts, including research, outreach, and interviews
- Contributing to the writing of treatments, decks, and loglines for new show ideas across a wide variety of genres
Requirements of the position are as follows:
- An interest in unscripted TV development
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn and contribute to the development process
- Excellent writing and communication skills, and confidence interacting both internally and externally with potential talent
- Strong and thorough research skills, organization and attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and eligible to receive college credit
All internships are part-time, and interns must be able to receive college credit. We are currently working in a hybrid model, coming into the office two days a week and working remotely the rest of the week. This may change as guidelines and restrictions evolve. All interns must be vaccinated.
MY Entertainment has produced thousands of hours of unscripted television spanning a variety of genres and delivering ratings for Discovery, A&E, National Geographic, BBC, Lifetime, MTV, Comedy Central, Travel Channel, ID: Investigation Discovery, Oxygen, Nickelodeon, Food Network, Animal Planet, TruTV, PBS, Reelz and CMT. Popular series include the #1 paranormal show, Ghost Adventures, Pros vs. Joes, Baggage Battles, Sin City Justice, Manson Bloodlines and critically acclaimed Breaking Borders.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online