MY EntertainmentNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2021 2:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for Executive/Development Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive/Development Assistant postings
Full Time Job
MY Entertainment, the independent TV production company behind hit series such a Ghost Adventures on Travel, Legacy List on PBS, The Jane Doe Murders on Oxygen and more is seeking a highly organized, charismatic, and passionate Executive and Development Assistant to support three high-level executives and the development department.
MY Entertainment is known for innovative formats, great storytelling, compelling characters and high production values, having produced thousands of hours of programming for networks such as Travel, Discovery+, PBS, Oxygen, Discovery ID, Nat Geo, Food Network, and many others. MYE has recently launched a new premium content division called One Foot Forward Entertainment, focused on building documentary feature and series content for the streamers.
The Development Assistant role is part administrative, part creative. This individual will handle scheduling as well as support the development team in every aspect of the development process - from research and brainstorming to writing loglines and treatments, and helping with casting. Prior experience in nonscripted TV development is highly encouraged, and experience with deck writing, design, casting, and/or editing is a huge plus.
Looking for someone to start ASAP. Position is based in NYC, and currently working under a hybrid model with some days in office, and some days remote.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General office management assistance and maintenance, answering phones, tracking past and current projects
- Schedule meetings and calls, and maintain the calendars of three high-level executives
- Work alongside the team to generate and build upon new ideas and actively contribute to creative brainstorms
- Conduct thorough research into new concepts, trends, and potential talent
- Contribute to the writing and design of one-sheets and treatments for new show ideas across a variety of genres
- Assist the team with casting efforts including research, outreach, and interviews
- Spearhead creative social media projects
- 1 year of administrative experience, experience working in the TV industry
- Driven self-starter with a positive attitude who works well independently
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to the development and production process
- Excellent writing and communication skills, and confidence interacting both internally and externally with clients and talent
- Highly organized and detail oriented with thorough research skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- A passion for keeping up with the news and trends in unscripted television
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Keynote, Social Media, and Zoom
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Premiere & InDesign), iMovie, or Avid a plus