Theater Technical Engineer
Museum of Motion Pictures and Academy AwardsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures will be the world's premier institution dedicated to the art and science of movies. Located at Wilshire and Fairfax in Los Angeles, the Museum will be simultaneously immersive, experimental, educational, and entertaining. More than a museum, this dynamic film center will offer unparalleled experiences and insights into movies and movie-making.
The Theater Technical Engineer will ensure a premier movie theater experience at the Academy Museum's Theaters. You will also be a technical expert for the movie theaters and assists in the day-to-day operation.
This is a Full-Time Union position.
• Oversee systems integration and theater commissioning including designing and installing systems
• Assist chief projectionist with setup and maintenance of 16mm, 35mm, and 70mm changeover projection systems and any associated audio formats
• Ensure live event production systems sound reinforcement equipment including mixing consoles, compressors, graphic equalizers and microphones for music and speech events are set up and functioning for the event
• Lead the team to comply with CAL-OSHA to ensure the technical operation of the theater is always safe and complies with all industry standards
• Troubleshoot video and audio equipment, projector automation and A/V-over-IP integration
• Reporting to the Manager of Theater Operations you will develop and administer theater equipment maintenance schedules and checklists that ensure equipment is maintained in good working order, equipment is tested, and that replacement equipment and stock is ordered as needed
• Must be familiar with digital film equipment including laser projection, cinema servers, and auxiliary A/V routing systems
• Experience with 16mm, 35mm, and 70mm film equipment and any associated audio formats
• 7 years of related work experience in a live entertainment facility required
• Knowledge of theater technology, lighting design, sound design, and theater operations
• Practical knowledge of acoustics and sound system design
• Film and television production practices experience
• Understand safety practices applicable to theaters
• Experience as a projectionist is a plus
• BA/BS Degree in related field preferred
• Ability to lift and move 20 pounds or more
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. EOE Statement the Academy Museum is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to creating and valuing diversity in its workforce. Maintaining a diverse workforce is important to the Academy Museum. We enforce a strict policy that prohibits discrimination in hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, or termination, whether on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or genetic information. This includes a workplace that is free of all forms of harassment. And, to help foster diversity, the Academy Museum uses programs that ensure fairness of opportunity, pay, and growth to all applicants and employees. Every employee of the Academy is required to follow this policy and to preserve the Academy's commitment to diversity.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online