Film Distribution / Acquisition Assistant
Multivisionnaire PicturesAlhambra, CA
Part Time Job
***IN-OFFICE/REMOTE HYBRID POSITION. COVID VACCINE REQUIRED.*** We are looking for a resourceful, tech-savvy self-starter with attention to detail to mentor and grow within. Work with an international film distributor in the acquisition, distribution, marketing, and onboarding process of independent films. This is an entry-level position and will require basic office skills, some sales or retail background, good telephone etiquette, and great work ethics. Writing and some editing skills are a plus for the position. Eagerness to learn the business side of entertainment is important. Ability to handle confidential matters is critical.
• Assist with scouting, researching, and reviewing of independent films at various stages, and open up inquiry/contact with filmmakers, reps and talent agencies to qualify and collect information on potential projects.
• Maintain film tracking information as well as the delivery of material to client/buyers. This includes following office procedure in inventory management and rights management system. Require interfacing with producers, vendors, suppliers, and platforms.
• Collect, quality control, and if needed, handle small inhouse editing and video conversion work for VOD onboarding.
• Assist with program curating, marketing campaigns, film releases, PR and social media management.
• Additional tasks and ad hoc projects to be determined
• College major in film, media, marketing, communications, or related field with strong research skills
• Passion for films and high literacy in film elements and various genres of independent films (not just TV shows.)
• Articulating and charismatic interpersonal communication in writing, in person and on the phone
• Personable, professional demeanor, ethical and able to handle confidential matters
• Attention to detail (prequalifier: read this listing closely and write a professional cover letter)
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and social media
• Plus Skill: Bilingual
MultiVisionnaire has been entertaining the world with smart independent films for over a decade since 2006. MultiVisionnaire Pictures is a full-service global media rights management, sales and distribution company headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online