Vice President, Digital Strategy and Operations
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The VP, Digital Strategy and Operations will create and manage impactful relationships with digital platform partners within MTV and The Digital Studio. This position will focus on Social, Audience data, and Video and report to the SVP, Head of Digital.
• Lead MTV’s digital business development and partnership efforts in a variety of spaces, including social networking, content syndication, and audience data
• Lead the Audience Development strategy/discipline for the MTV, VH1, CMT brands
• Using data driven analysis to inform all aspects of content lifecycle: ideation, publishing strategies, optimization
• Grow awareness and presence of MTV businesses within the digital ecosystem
• Manage the intersection of social content creation, social distribution and audience insights
• Identify, develop and execute on new initiatives that drive revenue and strategic value for MTV, VH1 and CMT
• Develop close relationships with business development, ad sales, programming, research and marketing teams across Viacom Media Networks to understand, assess, and communicate digital priorities and opportunities
• Assess digital trends and provide industry updates and landscape overview to brand executives
• Define team objectives and ensure proper resources to meet objectives.
• Direct team members accountable for achieving Digital Business Development objectives
• Educate internal teams on MTV’s digital vision, goals, roadmaps and partner with them to productize/operationalize the business
• Support VDS & Social with analysis and business planning to ensure the division’s growth and profitability
• Develop presentations & regular updates to Viacom senior management covering operations, new business opportunities, strategies, budgets and long range plans
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working in the entertainment/media and digital/video space
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills, including expertise in financial analysis
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Organized, detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player with strong interpersonal capabilities
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel