MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Staging Director-(Production Management)
The Studio & Remote Operations is looking for a Stage Director to join their team.
• Supervise on-site staging,loadingand vendor labor in Studio and insert stages
• Coordinate with Production teams to handle staging labor costs and overtime
• Oversee daily stage activity including shoots, load ins/out, deliveries, cleaning, etc.
• Track inventory of all Studio and insert stage related items
• Work with Design teams on Studio and insert stage set planning
• Coordinate all stage related building activity with Core Services
• Liaison with labor provider on crew requests, schedule, etc.
• Manage logistics with all vendors on Studio and insert stage set installations
• Process payroll for Studio and insert stage labor
This position would interact with every level of production personnel at ViacomCBS, from PA to Executive (typically would be in reference to staging issues in the Studio and insert stages) concerning production, schedules, implementation of creative ideas, instructional and advisory capacity and general dissemination of staging advice. This position would interact with external vendors, set designers, scenic shops, suppliers, and service technicians. This person could also possibly need to interface with talent, including celebrities.
Supervision Given and Received:
• Supervise staging crew provided by Studio and insert stage labor vendor
• Position reports directly to the VP. Studio & Remote Operations
• The type of decisions this position has the authority to make:
• Safety compliance
• Quality control
• Additional staging labor and building requests when necessary to meet the needs of daily operations
This position would be responsible for making efficiency decisions in personnel deployment, payroll, carpentry equipment choices and production budget constraints.
• Ability to trouble shoot and repair facility and set elements to ensure safety standards
• Proven ability to execute, problem-solve and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Supervisory and managerial skills and experience
• Professional experience of 5-10 years in studio production and on-site set construction
• College degree preferred but optional, field-related experience more important
• Excellent prioritization, good client skills, problem solving ability, and strong initiative
• Knowledge of Auto Cad, Word, Excel
• Capability of running and maintaining Studio and insert stage inventory of tools, carpentry equipment, soft goods, expendables, set props, etc.