Sr. Manager, Digital Finance
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
MTV Entertainment Group (MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, Pop TV, VH1, Smithsonian, TV Land, CMT, Logo) is seeking a highly motivated Manager/Sr. Manager to fill a pivotal role on the Finance team! This position will work in close partnership with the Sr. Director of Finance in managing all aspects of financial planning, reporting and analysis for the Digital, Social, and Events businesses including both revenues and expenses.
• Assist in building, tracking, and reporting of annual budgets, quarterly estimates, monthly and quarterly closes.
• Meet and communicate with business teams regularly to review project level costs, remaining spend, reallocating funds when necessary.
• Conduct month-end close activities including expense accruals, ancillary invoicing, reconcile IOs, journal entries, variance analysis, reconcile general ledger with reporting systems, prepare and review reporting package with operating and finance teams.
• Analyze HQ spending for trending and reasonableness, prepare meaningful reporting for operating and finance teams to review.
• Assess and communicate potential risks and opportunities to business partners on the operating and finance teams.
• Submit financial information into the systems for Estimates and Budgets.
• Serve as point person to trouble-shoot PO, T&E, P-Card, AP and Payroll related matters
• Execute on Ad hoc projects that support business goals
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field
• Minimum 5 years experience
• Excellent technical skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel. Experience with SAP and Longview is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail with the ability to manipulate large volumes of data
• Ability to partner with the team as a results-oriented problem solver and pro-active self-starter
• Willingness to work as a team and take direction from various positions
• Display a positive can-do attitude
• Knowledge of the Entertainment industry and the Digital and Marketing landscape is a plus
recruiter to complete