Senior Manager, Consumer Events & Brand Partnerships - MTV, VH1 & CMT
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The MTV, VH1 and CMT Marketing team works to develop engaging and groundbreaking ideas that create awareness, increase brand perception and promote tune-in via cable/television, OOH, digital, social, print and experiential stunts on the ground.
We are searching for a person to deliver on our goals and exercise their skills and knowledge of the industry to contribute to our innovative team.
We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated team player who is a strategic thinker and superbly organized. “Can do” attitude and solution-oriented mindset is a must.
This position will report directly into the Senior Director of Consumer Events and Brand Partnerships under the direction of the VP of Consumer/Brand Marketing, Events & Partnerships and oversee all event activation plans for the channels.
• Support development of overall network vision for events and partnerships,, as well as 360-degree event management, from development to real-time execution, for large-scale tentpole events
• Manage Marketing, Events & Partnerships Team in streamling communication with internal departments including Brand Creative, Social, Programming, Press, and
• Production for all event initiatives
• Manage Marketing, Events & Partnerships Team communication with external partners/agencies, from project management of the full life cycle of all activations and events
• Development of the pre-production event process including development of all pre-pro materials, timelines and budget
• Oversight of physical execution of on-the-ground [OTG] & non-traditional marketing execution in local markets to promote channel initiatives and/or tent-pole events, including development of OTG production schedules and staffing
• Under direction of senior team leads, support development of visually strategic presentations for new and existing projects
• Oversee team communication with priority vendors on creation of custom merchandise/premiums for all event initiatives
• Oversee events marketing budget, including PO management and overall billing process
• Create event materials used for sponsorship packages for Integrated Marketing
• Manage all aspects of B2B merchandise retail site, from development and creation of merch to inventory/pricing
• Oversee development and maintanence of pop-culture events, music festivals and competitive event trackers
• Bachelor’s Degree (in Marketing or Business preferred)
• 4-7 years of experience in a Marketing/Events position, executes on-the-ground promotional activations, stunts, and events
• 2-4 years independently managing a large scale project or event
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with ease, manage deadlines, coordinate key timelines and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
• PowerPoint and Excel skills a must
• Experience at a Youth Centric media company and/or TV network a plus
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, idealy with past experience creating visually strategic presentations
• Strong analytics capabilities
• Strong business and personal ethics
• Effectively manages multiple projects in a fast paced, every changing environment with can-do attitude
• Deep connection to local pop culture and our brands
• Must be willing to work weekends and potentially holidays pending event timing
• Travel required