Senior Director- Motion Designer
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Senior Design Director works independently as well as closely with the art directors, producers, editors and designers/animators to concept, design and execute innovative motion graphics. Meticulous attention to detail and execution of inspired, relevant ideas while under tight deadlines. Projects include a variety of motion & design including logos, graphic ids, show packaging, promos and other relevant brand work. Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills; responsible for designs from concept to final production and presentation of projects for approval. Work with and guide designers to elevate designs and execute production in a timely manner.
• Produce creative solutions based on various clients' business needs.
• Pitch ideas & work to team and clients.
• Contribute in a high volume fast paced team environment.
• Reinforce the Brand Strategy. Ensure that all work is informed by and reinforces the brand strategy while delivering on marketing and programming goals.
• Maintain brand consistency.
• Work to Inspire , elevate the creative excellence, and bring level of innovation.
• Managing and mentoring designers by providing clear direction, reviewing work and giving feedback
Effectively present work to clients.
• Interpreting the creative brief, research and development and storyboarding full
• Present concepts in fully-produced pitches to the internal team as well outside clients.
• Work as a hands-on designer when necessary, closely guiding conceptual development through every step of production.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with clients across the department and network, as well as with outside production partners and vendors.
• Direct the work of outside vendors as needed.
• Manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
• Stay up-to-date with current design trends, techniques and processes; seek and recommend new best practices.
• BA Degree in Graphic Design or related discipline
• 7-10 years professional experience
• Complete knowledge of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs -- Mac OS, Photoshop, After Effects, familiarity with 3D applications ( Maya / Cinema 4D ), and a working knowledge of Final Cut
• A strong understanding of layout, type, logo design
• Excellent communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team.
• Experience sourcing stock footage and effects as needed
• Ability to multi-task while working independently and with a team
• Must be able to think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
• Excellent creative, conceptual and critical thinking abilities
• Thorough understanding of production processes
• Ability to visualize innovative solutions beyond the simple use of software, including designing for Effects and Live Action concepts
• Ability to match style to specific projectLI_NE1