Senior Director- Brand Design
MTVNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 10:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director- Brand Design jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director- Brand Design postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director- Brand Design?
Full Time Job
Senior Director- Brand Design - MTV Entertainment Group
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Senior Design Director is a key leadership role on the Brand Creative Team, acting as a design liaison between print, motion, and digital. They will design, oversee, and help to develop 360 creative for multiple brands and franchises collaborating alongside Creative Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Writers, Producers, and Marketing. As the Senior Design Director, you will be responsible for conceiving, crafting, and executing innovative and inspired design across a variety of multidisciplinary mediums in print, motion, and digital. Projects will be multi-platform and include key art, print and OOH, on-air design, launch spots, trailers, teasers, brand image, channel branding, and branded social and digital content. The Senior Design Director will be tasked with pushing the MTV Entertainment Group forward, partnering with internal and external partners to deliver best-in-class creative. They will advocate and champion a diverse and inclusive team, while supporting, art directing, managing, and mentoring young designers. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at building relationships, and have their finger on the pulse of all design and entertainment related news and trends. They will encourage and inspire our team to do the best work and have a strong passion for design, entertainment, and pop culture.
• Concept and execute innovative concepts & designs.
• Create and Deliver Cohesive creative across franchise deliverables.
• Produce creative solutions based on various clients' business needs.
• Pitch ideas & work to team and clients.
• Contribute in a high volume fast paced team environment.
• Maintain brand consistency and ensure that all work is informed by and reinforces the
brand strategy while delivering on marketing and programming goals.
• Work to maintain freshness, creative excellence, and a level of innovation that will
uphold and enhance the brands.
• Art Direct, manage and mentor designers by providing clear direction, reviewing work
and giving feedback.
• Keep up to date with contemporary design, technology and entertainment landscape.
• Ability to Art Direct photo shoots and photography knowledge a plus.
• Direct the work of outside vendors as needed.
• BA Degree in Graphic Design or related discipline
• 7-10 years professional experience
• Expert knowledge of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs -- Mac OS, Photoshop, Illustrator,
• InDesign, After Effects and familiarity with 3D applications
• A strong understanding of layout, type, logo design, current design trends as well as a keen interest in popular culture and how it relates to the MTV Entertainment Group brands.
• Excellent communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team
• Ability to multi-task while working independently and with a team
• Must be able to think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
• Excellent creative, conceptual and critical thinking abilities.
• Ability to match style to specific project.
• Experience with Streaming Platforms a plus.