Senior Counsel, Production & Development
MTVNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 12:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Senior Counsel, Production & Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Counsel, Production & Development postings
Full Time Job
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of Paramount Global, MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
MTV Entertainment Group's business and legal affairs department handles development and production for both scripted and unscripted programming and works closely with MTVE's Development and Production Management teams as well as many other network departments (including Programming, Talent, Publicity, Music & Media Licensing, Labor & Employment, Risk Management, Pre-Broadcast Content Review, Intellectual Property & Litigation, Connected Content and Accounting/Finance).
Overview and Responsibilities
The Counsel role for the Production & Development, Paramount Media Networks Business and Legal Affairs group will provide day-to-day services with a focus on production matters for original scripted, unscripted and animated series.
• Structuring, drafting and negotiating complex development and production agreements (e.g., rights acquisition, producer, writer, production services, and talent agreements, format licenses, venue and location releases, etc.)
• Performing day-to-day legal production work for presentations, pilots, specials and series, and advising and consulting with clients and outside production companies regarding production-related legal matters (including guild, union and other employment law issues)
• Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by MTV management
• Leading and/or engaging in strategic deal discussions and researching business and legal issues
• Advising and communicating with various departments within Paramount Media Networks regarding exploitation of original programming across all media platforms
• Counseling the client groups on a wide variety of other legal matters, including guild/union and labor issues, intellectual property rights, off-channel marketing and promotions, insurance, product integrations, online and music issues
• Performing other day-to-day tasks as needed and assigned by MTV's business and legal affairs department heads and senior executives
• At least 5-7 years of equivalent experience, preferably in-house in a business and/or legal affairs department in the media or entertainment industry, including at a studio, network, production company, or other media or advertising agency, or at a law firm focused on media and/or entertainment law
• Excellent negotiation, drafting, and analytical skills
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task to cover a large amount of deals and work independently is an absolute requirement
• The Business & Legal Affairs team works with their counterparts in a highly collaborative manner â€'' the ideal candidate will have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented, and can-do spirit!