Senior Analyst - Digital Revenue Operations
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks is the home of MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, VH1 and other cutting-edge networks, apps and websites. Join us as Sr. Analyst in the Digital Operations (Pricing, Inventory and Delivery) group where you can help create the future of television, and where you can fuel Viacom’s continued growth in digital media and also grow your career in exciting new ways.
We’re looking for versatile self-starters who can fluently travel between the worlds of: spreadsheet/data analysis; revenue operations; advertising sales/sales support; project management and can seamlessly process challenges and string solutions across all of these points.
The Sr. Analyst will be a key contributor to maximizing the revenue generated by Viacom’s digital media properties, working with various teams and stakeholders during all critical stages of the sales cycle. This includes deal structuring (pricing, volume/forecasting, metrics, packaging), pricing, campaign fulfillment, product development and client retention.
Additionally, the Sr. Analyst will take on leadership of one or more of the core team objectives and also act as main point in the inventory and yield group for certain key business efforts. This position will report to the VP, Digital Operations.
Sr. Analyst, Digital Revenue Operations will be responsible for the following:
• Increase revenue yield across VMN digital properties by working with sales teams to craft advertising deals that benefit both Viacom and the advertiser. Do this by performing expert data and inventory analysis and excelling at communicating value and service to the sales and marketing teams.
• Oversee management of digital advertising inventory, presenting finely tuned and clearly presented analysis of past and accurately forecasted future inventory
• Track a high volume of live digital ad campaigns; steer expertly to full delivery/high performance
• Lead the improvement of the team from within, growing effectiveness and efficiency of digital operations processes and procedures through expertise, leadership, communication skills and motivation
• Be a primary stakeholder and point of contact for large and important cross-functional efforts at Viacom: inventory architecture; linear/digital convergence; new ad tech or platform monetization development, more.
• Be deeply immersed in the inventory and revenue data, and translate data, and implications, clearly to sales, leadership and operations – be involved in creating and executing data-driven business strategy
• Work often and closely with Sales teams to deliver against both the needs of the business and the marketplace
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-5 years of relevant experience
• Master's degree
• Clear track record of moving businesses constantly forward
• Advanced-level data manipulation and spreadsheet skills
• Finely tuned intrapersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams
• The ability to navigate constantly changing business environments
• Highly curious intellect and an entrepreneurial mindset that drives progress
• Passion for digital media, numbers, data and leadership
• Strong internal customer-service skills