Project Manager, Planning & Design - Viacom
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is the world’s leading branded Entertainment Company, with insightful content on every platform, on every device, all the time. Fueled by the possibilities of design, ideas and knowledge, our internal Planning & Design Team has delivered groundbreaking spaces for clients that include MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT. Our team is known for setting new standards for environments that leverage new technologies, shift culture, and overall enhance organizational outcomes.
Viacom’s Planning & Design Team is hiring a strategic innovative Project Manager with a proven record to deliver successful corporate projects to join our team.
The role of the Project Manager, Planning & Design will focus on oversight of Viacom Construction projects to include project planning and budgeting. The job requires the ability to be a creative problem solver providing strategic plans and corporate workplace design strategies in collaboration with a number of internal and external resources/groups – fulfilling client needs while also managing expectations around budget and logistics with a commitment and passion for design.
The Project Manager will oversee multiple construction projects for all Viacom facility expansions both large and small. Responsibilities include:
• Represent Viacom to outside consultants hired to design and build the space as well as serving as “Owner Representative” at design and construction meetings.
• Manage all phases of the design and construction process.
• Create and present design ideas with a high level of style and design expertise that responds to users/brands aesthetic along with spacial requirements.
• Update and help maintain the Planning and Design Resource Library, “Green Book” policies and procedures reference guide, and the Furniture
Standards and Project Standards manuals.
• Budget management creation and reconciliation of multiple projects in excess multi-million dollars is required.
• Provide high quality of service and professionalism to the Viacom Planning and Design projects and clients and internal Viacom Core Services team.
• A minimum of 7 years in architecture and interior design with at least 4 years in interior design and or project management experience with an architectural or interior design firm.
• Minimum 5 years experience with corporate facility planning department preferred.
• Bachelor degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related degree with a strong concentration in design.
• Strong Experience in AutoCad; Knowledge of Revit, 3-D modeling, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch Up, Rhino, 3D Max desired
• LEED Accredited Professional with experience building LEED projects is preferred.
• Active membership in IIDA, AIA, Core Net, Interiors or Resource Library Organization. New York Certified Interior Designer a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
• Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements. This also includes working knowledge of the NYC Permit Process.
• Capability to prepare design and construction documents and coordinate specifications
• Balance creativity and design along with efficiency, solutions and process.
• Influenced and/or negotiated to successfully change cultural attitudes as a means to introduce innovative ways of working globally.
• Proven ability to write RFP’s and negotiate contracts for services, consultants and contractors.
• Demonstrated ability to solve contract and administration issues with the established design context
• Excellent problem-solving, listening and communication skills- verbal and written.
• Establish and manage relationships with vendors and furniture dealers to maximize their value as it regards to price and service.
• Excellent knowledge and experience sourcing finish materials, furniture, fixtures, and wallcoverings.
• Excellent administrative skills with an attention to detail and follow-up.
• Excels at motivating and inspiring teams to deliver superb creative work under tight deadlines.
• A proven ability to work under pressure and handle a number of projects at one time.