Full Time Job
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of Paramount Global, MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Paramount Tech is hiring a Media Coordinator, Editorial Post-Production Operations (EPPO).
This position is responsible for supporting the EPPO West team at Paramount Global in Hollywood. It will involve
hands-on data management, technical pre-production media workflow consultation, and support.
What you'll do:
• Provide media management support for internal Paramount Global Short Form, Long Form and Digital groups, ensuring video and audio capture are properly ingested, duplicated, and offloaded using industry standard media management hardware and software.
• Ensure media organization workflows are maintained on remote and nearline shoots.
• Make sound, independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues.
• Work with nearline, offline, and cloud shared storage models.
• Work alongside Media Asset Managers in archival and retrieval of live production assets.
• Occasional travel to production locations via air &/or vehicle.
• Interface with assistant editors, editors, colorist, audio mixers, post producers and supervisors on a day-to-day basis.
• A minimum 4 years' experience Postproduction experience required.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud / Suite Applications (Premiere, Photoshop, AfterEffects).
• Must be proficient with media offload software such as Shotput Pro and Hedge.
• Works collaboratively on multi-functional teams and communicates using appropriate methods for the situation.
• Familiarity with content distribution technologies (e.g., Signiant, Aspera, Frame.io, Sony Ci)
• Familiarity with project management frameworks is a plus.
o Production and post-production processes from acquisition to archive, Assistant
Editor and/or DIT experience a plus.
o DaVinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools desired.Cinema camera
formats, post-production codecs, and broadcast delivery technical specifications are
o Remote editing workflows (e.g., Teradici, HP ZCentral, Clearview Flex, and
Evercast) is a plus.
Hiring Salary Range: $60,000.00 - 68,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.