Manager, Strategy and Business Development, Viacom International Media Networks
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Strategy and Business Development, Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN)
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands including Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, BET, and a growing number of flagship local networks such as Channel 5 in the UK and Telefe in Argentina.
Viacom-branded networks reach over 4 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 180 countries and territories via over 300 locally programmed and operated TV channels in 46 languages. Viacom also owns many digital media and mobile TV properties, operates live on-the-ground concerts, award shows, and festivals, and licenses IP across a variety of categories including consumer products, recreation and hospitality, and retail.
The Strategy & Business Development team provides strategic direction and support at the executive, corporate, brand, and operating levels, including data-driven analysis and guidance in areas of revenue growth and competitive positioning, brand and operations strategy, business optimization, organizational strategy, cost management, M&A activity, and annual budgeting. It serves as a critical link between regional operations and corporate headquarters and between brand operations and lines of business.
Role Description and Responsibilities
The Manager of Strategy & Business Development will work with the team in execution of strategy and business development projects with the objective of ensuring VIMN’s continued growth and profitability.
This role will support all efforts of the Strategy & Business Development team, with a special focus on areas of emerging and adjacent growth for VIMN. These include (but are not limited to): digital/VOD products and content, non-traditional forms of distribution including OTT and mobile, and real-world experiences (e.g. live events and festivals, consumer products, and on-the-ground activations such as AR/VR, etc.)
The ideal candidate is able to:
• Develop and manage significant data-driven analysis across any and all areas of the business including distribution, advertising, content spend and planning, licensing, marketing, and overall financial planning
• Design and run financial modeling work including analysis to support prospective commercial transactions, equity (M&A) investments, the formation of joint ventures, and other deals
• Lead collaborative efforts with colleagues across the business to gather and assess internal and external information to formulate, analyze, and validate business ideas and initiatives
• Synthesize and present complex information and data in a clear, concise and structured manner; clearly and effectively articulate ideas and concepts via conversation, phone, email, and written presentations
• Build strong and productive working relationships with colleagues and partners of all backgrounds, nationalities, experience levels and interests
• Stay organized and be extremely comfortable operating in fast-paced environments, balancing multiple projects at once, and focusing on any brand group, geographic territory, or business unit at VIMN
• Stay current and knowledgeable about global media industry trends including evolving distribution, advertising, consumption, and behavioral dynamics and link them back to our work
• Maintain a positive outlook and a good sense of humor
• Travel (including international travel) occasionally (estimated at 1-2x per year)
• BA/BS degree from top university/college
• Minimum of 2-3 years in strategy consulting, investment banking or in a strategy or corporate development function at a media or tech company
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis (e.g. developing and interpreting financial models)
• Strong interpersonal capabilities
• Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once while meeting all deadlines
• Demonstrated interest in the media industry